Monday, June 10, 2013

Finishing Up

Today was pretty much a get-back-to-work day; finishing up projects while preparing for new ones.

In morning, I did my laundry.

In the afternoon, I finished my work at the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin by reviewing three more newspapers.

I went to the Hauptbahnhof to buy my group tickets for Prague.  Unfortunately, no group discount as they were all out of them (I still don't understand what that means).

Dinner at Zum Schusterjungen, then back to the pension to email my research back to the States for safekeeping.

Tomorrow afternoon I have my first visit to the Bruno Balz Archive.

In the meantime, here's what the pension I'm staying at looks like.

First, the entry hall:


This leads to a courtyard filled with bicycles and recycling:






Then I enter the building in the back where I have my small little room on the ground floor:



And yes, it really is that orange.

No comments: