Sunday, November 16, 2014

In New York

Long uncomfortable flight, long uncomfortable arrival at JFK, long, uncomfortable commute to the city.  Blah, blah, blah.

I wanted to keep on a budget for the research trip to New York, so I found a hostel/B&B close to the Center for Jewish History archives (about 15 minutes away) for less than $100/night including breakfast.  That said, it's a little more spartan than I was expecting.


The room is quite narrow, with a relatively spacious twin bunk beds, a sink, a radiator, and a TV.


I'm using my roller board to hold my t-shirts and underwear.  The shirts and pants I've hung on the pipe over the TV.


Boldly breaking with the hegemonic norm of Ikea, American Dream Hostel embraces its American past of steel piping with its metal bunk beds.  I slept well, though, for over 9 hours last night.

As for the neighborhood, I'm two blocks east of the Flatiron Building, across the street from Baruch College.


No comments: