Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nearly Home (July 25)

Well, it's the end of a very long day.

Up at 4:40 am this morning to catch my flight, then two security checks at Frankfurt airport (passengers flying to England get an extra second, more intense round of metal detectors), then passport control and another security check in England, followed by customs and yet another security check in New York. At least this time, I was selected for the special chemical analysis check at each stop as I was on my outbound flight.

I'm staying with friends in West Los Angeles, before heading down to San Diego tomorrow to pick up my car. Then I'll head home to check out how my dorm room is doing in the summer heat and make sure my portable air conditioning unit is working after a two month rest.

That being said, the air felt cooler and dryer in LA than in Europe, so I think as a baseline, it's going to be better here.

No comments: